mad4fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY

2 posters

Go down

IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY Empty IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY

Post  julie mac Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi everyone, now that Christmas is out of the way (thank goodness) it is time to start getting our thinking caps on for raising money. I will be looking for ideas and also for volunteers to help out with any event we do/attend. Its not a lot to ask to give up a few hours of your time considering that all money raised is for you and for the club. Lets really make an effort so that we can get everything you want for the club.
Also if you have any ideas as to how you would like the money to be spent i am sure that the committee members would only be too glad to hear your suggestions.
I look forward to hearing all your replies very soon.

Julie Mac

julie mac

Back to top Go down

IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY Empty Fund Raising

Post  Diane Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:31 pm

Hi Julie..
What do you think about recycling ink cartridges? I know a lot of schools etc do it. So do you think we could. Found a website www.cashforcartridges.co.uk , looks like you just send them in, in pre paid envelopes, and they credit your account. Sound easy doesn't it? I have a few here to start it all off.
Diane
Diane

Back to top Go down

IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY Empty fundraising

Post  julie mac Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:36 am

That sounds like a fairly straightforward idea doesnt. Do you think we could ask Liam or jo to put a notice onto the website so that everyone knows?
Julie

julie mac

Back to top Go down

IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY Empty Ink Cartridges

Post  julie mac Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi Diane,
I have posted an email out to everyone i work with and also to everyone i know so hopefully we can getting collecting.
I have one already!!!!! so i will let you have them at the next meeting.
Julie

julie mac

Back to top Go down

IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY Empty Ink Cartridges recycling 'up & running'

Post  Diane Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi all,
Well the account is set up, I have some recycling bags, but only 5 and they are not very big.

Unfortunately Epson and Brother cartridges are no good, or any toners (mine is a Brother! typical) but everything else should be ok. HP, Dell, Lexmark, Samsung etc.
I have some Lexmark ones to send off from my old computer, so I will do that, and hopefully they will send somemore bags. I have asked if we can just stick them in a Jiffy bag and use the freepost address and account number, which is fine, but please first check that you are sending only the cartridges that they accept www.cashforcartridges.co.uk and click 'price list'. They can not accept Epsom, Brother or any toners. Do not send anything that is not on the list Mad
The address is

"FREEPOST"
The Recycling Centre,
13 Main Street,
Keyworth,
NOTTINGHAM,
NG12 5AA.
Clearly marking on the envelope 359

If you don't want to do that, that's fine, just hand them in to any committee member.

Our account will be credited and they pay by cheque when balance reaches £10.

Very Happy So get collecting everybody.
Diane
Diane

Back to top Go down

IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY Empty NEWS FLASH

Post  Diane Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:07 am

NEWS JUST IN. I have now found another recycling firm who accept TONERS and some of the cartridges that the other company does not. The prices they pay vary too, so I will send to the best one.
So from now on it may be best to collect everything and I will sort them out and send them in. Just hand them in to me (Diane, Peter's Mum) or any committee member. Thanks
They also take old mobile phones if anyone has any they don't want.
Diane
Diane

Back to top Go down

IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY Empty Re: IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY

Post  Diane Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:52 am

Don't forget we are still collecting used ink cartridges, please ask your parents if they can get them from their work place, most employees use computers. Peter's Dad gets alot from the office at work, and from the quarry. Why not ask your neighbours, friends, any businesses near to you. If they usually just throw them away I'm sure they will give them to you gladly.
Don't worry if you are unsure if they are acceptable or not, I will sort them out.
Mobile phones too can be recycled. So get collecting.
Diane
Diane

Back to top Go down

IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY Empty Re: IDEAS TO RAISE MONEY

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum